Billy App Receives the NCBFAA's Prestigious Centurion Award
NCBFAA Centurion's (L to R): Mr. Billy App, Ms. Mary Ann Comstock - 2015 Recipient, & Mr. Harold Brauner - 2011 Recipient
During its April Conference in San Antonio, Texas, the National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America, Inc., (NCBFAA) honored former NCBFAA Officer and longtime Association supporter, William 'Billy' App, with the NCBFAA Centurion Award. This award recognizes the recipient's outstanding vision, leadership and dedication demonstrated during their affiliation with the NCBFAA on behalf of the international transportation logistics community.
Mr. App epitomizes the very spirit of this award, which NCBFAA Past President and Senior Counselor Federico Zuniga created in 2006 to recognize individuals who have demonstrated outstanding support and involvement in the affairs of the Association.
Billy's NCBFAA appointments and achievements are summarized as follows:
- Area 7 Director, National Custom Brokers and Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA). 1992 – 2001, 2005 - 2012.
- Chairman, NCBFAA Freight Forwarding Committee. 2000 – 2012.
- Secretary, National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America, Inc. (NCBFAA). 2001 – 2004; 2014-2018.
- Treasurer, National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America, Inc. (NCBFAA). 2012 – 2014.
- 2015 - Mary Ann Comstock, Northern Border Customs Broker Assoc. Past President and longtime NCBFAA Board & Committee Member
- 2013 - NCBFAA Chairman Emeritus of the Customs Committee Ken Bargteil
- 2011 - NCBFAA Senior Counselor and Past President Harold Brauner
- 2010 - NCBFAA Senior Counselor and Past President Peter H. Powell
- 2009 - NCBFAA Senior Counselor and Past President Leonard Shayne
- 2008 - NCBFAA Senior Counselor and Past President Paul Wegener
- 2007 - The late NCBFAA Customs/General Counsel Harvey Issacs
- 2006 - NCBFAA Senior Counselor Arthur L. Litman
Billy, we are so proud of your many accomplishments culminating in your receiving this most prestigious award. We are blessed to be part of your J.W. Allen family!